What is The Women’s Economic Stability Partnership?
The purpose of the Women’s Economic Stability Partnership (WESP) is to assist low-income, single mothers in attaining job and economic stability within a 3-5 year period. The Women’s Economic Stability Partnership provides a holistic approach for single women, pursuing non-traditional careers. Non-traditional careers are defined as careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) as well as technical careers, such as automotive maintenance technology. WESP participants must be 18 years and older and have children. The project provides intensive group and individualized, multi – disciplinary services.The project networks with a number of community agencies providing resources and services for the empowerment of women.
Throughout the 3-5 year period, WESP program participants:
- Enhance and increase economic stability through case management and financial seminars/workshops.
- Receive job search, job retention, and career/education counseling to ensure opportunities for employment and school attainment in non-traditional careers.
- Receive resources and referrals.
- Transition from the project into gainful employment and continue receiving support and assistance to sustain those improved circumstances.
- Receive access to mentoring and networking groups.
For more information, please call 314-531-1115 ext. 5289.
Read Jenn's Story to learn about how YWCA Metro St. Louis is making a difference in lives throughout our community.